top of page

If you feel suicidal, have made attempts to end your own life or feel like harming yourself or other people:


  • Call 999

  • Go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department (A&E). You can search for your local department through the NHS Choices website

  • Alternatively, you can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. You can call 111 if you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call.  Or if you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.

If you are in need of support and we are unable to help, Mindbox recommends the following FREE services.


Telephone: 116 123 (24 hours a day, free to call)


Provides confidential, non-judgmental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those that could lead to suicide. You can phone, email, write a letter or in most cases talk to someone face to face.



Telephone: 0300 123 3393 (9am-6pm Monday to Friday)
Web site:


Mind provides confidential mental health information services.

With support and understanding, Mind enables people to make informed choices. The Infoline gives information on types of mental distress, where to get help, drug treatments, alternative therapies and advocacy. Mind has around 140 local Minds providing local mental health services.


Rethink Mental Illness Advice Line

Telephone: 0300 5000 927   (10am-2pm Monday to Friday)


Provides expert advice and information to people with mental health problems and those who care for them, as well as giving help to health professionals, employers and staff. Rethink also runs Rethink services and groups across England and Northern Ireland.



Telephone: 0300 304 7000 (6pm-11pm)


Saneline is a national mental health helpline providing information and support to people with mental health problems and those who support them.


The Mix

Telephone: 0808 808 4994 (11am-11pm, free to call)
Email: Helpline email form


The Mix provides judgement-free information and support to young people aged 13-25 on a range of issues including mental health problems. Young people can access the The Mix's support via phone, email, peer to peer and counselling services.



Telephone: 0800 1111


ChildLine is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor for free about anything - no problem is too big or too small. 





Elefriends is a supportive online community where you can be yourself. Elefriends is run by Mind. 


If you're a carer needing support you can contact all of the above as well as Carers Direct and the Princess Royal Trust for Carers, both of whom are able to provide support and advice on any issues affecting you.



We would strongly recommend in any case you should make your GP aware of any mental health issues you are concerned about.

For general guidance visit the Live Well service provided by NHS choices. For information about how to access mental health services through the NHS, click here.



What should I do if I'm supporting someone in a crisis?


If you have a friend or family member who seems really unwell, and you are worried about their safety, you should encourage them to seek help.

For any non urgent information, support or guidance, please contact us at

bottom of page